The ups and downs of a sensory-seeking, water-loving jumper named Bug (as recorded by his still-learning Mumma)

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Back to routine...sorta

One of the things that amazes me about Bug is that actually, he doesn't get too phased by it when we have to change the schedule. We missed the last week of school before break because Bug was sick, and had some changes to our therapies due to the holidays. Bug handled it all like a champ. On Monday, he went back on the bus and to school with zero trouble! :D When I picked him up he told me "Have fun at school at the library. Have fun at school ride the bus." It's so cool to hear him try to tell me about his day! Unfortunately, Monday I found out that Wiggle has RSV, so I ended up taking Bug out of school for the rest of the week too. BUT, I had called his teacher to talk to her about it and she told me that she is so impressed with how Bug is doing! She said that she doesn't have the hitting/kicking problems that she did and that when he came on Monday he was ready to go just like he didn't have 3 weeks off! I am so proud of this kid!

OT has gone very well, even with the changes in routine. Bug has been very receptive to Frances' challenges and we are both really impressed with his efforts on the fine motor. She also observed that he's definitely exploring his surroundings more, not just immediately wanting to get into the swing at the beginning of the session. I love that he is so comfortable at OT and with Frances, I'm always so impressed with how much he gets done and how much he grows.

Speech is going well again too. Laura has been pushing Bug to expand his phrases and show that he more fully understands verbs. It is hard work for him, but he handles it very well. We definitely are seeing him improve. His "yes" is back, pretty consistently and he often self-corrects. He tries very hard to get his words out but struggles with the organization. He's getting there though.

At home, we've seen Bug do a lot of play with Legos (building castles) and train tracks. With train tracks, we're even getting the whole family in, although the boys stay pretty far away from each other. Also, Bug has been asking us to read to him a lot more, which makes me so happy! I love having both my boys snuggled up with me reading a book.

Hopefully this week we can get back to normal. Bug might still miss school and therapy tomorrow, he's still pretty sick, but I'm happy that he's at least in good spirits and still working hard with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment